Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I-Guide Recruitment

Each year, thousands of new students join our community during move-in. Serving as an I-Guide is a great opportunity to introduce students and their families to campus and make a real impact. In existence since 1947, Our program is one of the longest-lasting student-run organizations at the University of Illinois. We need you to help keep it successful!

As an I-Guide, you will:
  • Move in to University Housing early and beat the crowds (applies to Housing residents only)
  • Free meals, T-shirt, and water bottle
  • Welcome new students to campus
  • Share your expertise by assisting new students with their transition to the University
  • Earn service hours

Become part of the tradition by signing up to volunteer as an I-Guide.

The following link will take you to the I-Guide page. Once there, scroll down to “Sign Up to be an I-Guide” and click on the link. http://www.housing.illinois.edu/iguides

Please note that if the hall you want to sign up for is not listed as an option in the drop-down list, that means the hall has currently reached its maximum number of I-Guides. However, you can choose another hall or the alternate option (only available if all halls are full) and we can try to relocate you should an opening become available in your preferred hall. You must notify the I-Guide program by email of your interest in being relocated. If you have already signed up to be an I-Guide, there is no need to sign up again.

If you have any questions, feel free to email us at iguide@housing.illinois.edu.

Sincerely,

I-Guide Campus Committee